Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Recent dabblings

I say dabble because I usually get a hankering to do some project, try it, finish it {if i'm lucky} and then never do it again.
Ha.
This time I broke out the ol' Singer and dusted her off.
Then I had to READ the instruction manual to remember how to work the darn thing.
It all came back to me slowly, but I must have remembered a little.









I started out by making bitty #2 the tag blanket, because I thought I had lost the one we had. There was a huge learning curve being the first project back with  good ol' gertrude {my sewing maching silly}. Then jealousy reared its ugle head and of course bitty #2 wanted one. I figured I didn't want her going off to college with a tag blanket so I decided to make her a pillowcase instead. But not for a regular pillow, that would be too easy. No, she chose her round moshi pillow. (this was after I nixed the heart-shaped one...could you imagine?) So it was difficult for me to wrap my vacationed mommy brain around the idea of how to sew a round pillowcase. However, I figured it out!! Both the bittys seem to love their handmade with love {and a few curse words} gifts.
I think they both turned out cute, what do you think?

1 comment:

  1. very very cute and looks like they love them!!way to go -sewing with two kids!! I put the sewing machine away after Troy came as i came in the room once and Rick was running the top and Troy the footwheel!!! not good! keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete