Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What a drag

For all of you that have attended higher education, you may know what I am talking about. The fact that within 6 months of graduation you now have lovely student loan payments to start making. Within the last few years, interest rates for these have **doubled**. Yup, what used to be thought of as a tiny payment has now exploded into a "gotcha while you were in school now you better find a job quick or else" type of situation. I thought school was bad, but loans and job searching have now reached an all time high on my list.
So, I will be returning to work in a few short months. :(
Ultimately I want to find a job that allows me to be at home a few days of the week, or at least part of the time during the day (work an evening shift). However, my schedule and my husbands schedule don't really work together, so I have no idea what we will be doing and how we will be working daycare for the bittys.


Some days make you want to crawl back into bed hibernate. Today was one of those days.


And Monday, Bitty sliced her foot under her toe. It was quite a deep cut that I could tell, and was a bleeder!! Nurse or not, seeing your own childs blood is not fun. It happened at 9 at night and all the urgent care centers were already closed, and I didn't know if it was really bad enough to make the trip to the ER and drop the $250 copay. I am not putting a price on my childs health/well being, but seriously, $250 for them to clean and bandage is NOT a good price. So, we went to urgent care yesterday and by that time it was to late for stitches or dermabond, so she got cleaned up, bandaged, and a rx for an antibiotic.
Here is the foot
She was quite the trooper, very interested in what it looked like. Maybe she'll grow up and be a nurse like her mom. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment