Friday, August 13, 2010

Pea Pickin' Good

I spy.....something sprouting? What can it be?
Last summer, Bitty #1 visited the farm in ND and helped gma pick and shell peas. This year when it was planting time, she wanted to buy a packet of peas and plant them. When we got home, I was trying to prepare an area to plant. By the time I turned around, she had already "planted" them. I told hubbee and he laughed saying they would probably come up. That they did! Here they are about 3 weeks after being "planted". (pounded into the top 1/4 inch of soil with a spade)

May 2010

In May, they were lovingly transplanted. They survived the transplant and the remaining seeds that hadn't sprouted were replanted. The pictures below are about a month and a half later.

July 2010


mmmm. The first crop. They all were immediately shelled and popped into bitty's mouth.


Look at the size of that pea! The picture on the below on the right is the most recent. I spy lots of peas!

August 2010


Bitty is soo proud of her garden. Here she is weeding!

Well, it has been a busy week. I am looking forward to stay home for a few days. Luckily, Bitty #2 has been sleeping for almost 4 hours and has allowed me to get laundry started and the house picked up a bit. Tonight, I am also going out to dinner with some friends. This mommy needs some grown-up time. So excited!!
Until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment